Transitioning to an online classroom can be an adjustment for students. Interactions with instructors and other students will be entirely online. The following tips are very important to make this transition as easy as possible, so students can begin learning and succeeding.
Create a Designated Workspace
- Remove distractions
- Put phone in another room
- Block some sites if needed
- Log off other accounts
Use Personal Discipline
- Finish schoolwork before chatting with others
- Establish a schedule and stick to it
Learn to Prioritize and Plan
- Make a to-do list
- Cross off items when they’re finished
- Reward yourself with a short break when reaching the end of a lesson
Franklin Preparation Tips
- Read the Student Handbook, found in your FVHS account.
- Make sure you know who to contact for guidance/technical support.